Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

The weather today is PERFECT. It is GORGEOUS, FANTASTIC, and also AMAZING. Sunny, warm, with the perfect breeze to keep it from being hot. I am in love with today! And after the past few days (weeks, months...) of freezing cold, I was as ready as the kids to get out and play!

Ryan went to get groceries, and took Chloe with him (yay!), so Colin and I went for a walk around the area again. And while I'm generally extremely (overly) thorough with my stories, trying to leave no details behind, I've realized that today's walk would make for a very boring story. Play-by-play just doesn't quite capture the magic, so here's the highlights instead. :)

*Colin picked up two handfuls of dirt and threw them into the air above his head, scattering dirt all over him. The dirt here is so chock full of mica, that pretty reflective stuff you see in roads, that it litterally looks like someone poured diamonds all over the ground. With the sun hitting him, Colin looked like he was surrounded by a cloud of pixie dust, or a ton of silver Christmas glitter. It was beautiful, and he was so happy it was raining sparklies on him that I just let him do it, with a smile on my face.

*Colin adores watching water in it's various forms as much as I do. When Chloe is with us, it's go go go, but today, we spent 10 minutes holding hands by the side of the road, listening to the water running down the mountain, rushing over rocks and leaves and sticks. We threw the biggest sticks we could find into the pool and watched them float down the stream until we couldn't see them any more. We threw rocks and laughed together at the kerplunking sounds they made.

*A tiny little terrier puppy ran out of a yard we past and followed us for the rest of our long walk. When we passed his house on our way home, he stayed with us, running alongside Colin, or chasing him, or being chased by him.

I am in love with today, with the weather, with the world, and everyone and everything in/on it. Days like today are what I live for.
As close to perfection as I think we can get this side of heaven. I drive past this on my way to work. It's the wrong season (I took this from a local realty website) but still...gorgeous!

3 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

You know...the thing that I keep thinking about it your attitude. You have a very positive outlook which is so OBVIOUS what is happening: it is attracting positive things.

What a beautiful story. You are in a sense, "stopping and smelling the roses..." Very inspiring!

And, yes, it is beautiful there. But, more importantly, your attitude is beautiful!

Sweet Caroline said...

Yes, my dahlin', you are very positive and that is what I love about you!

I am taking a leave of absence on my blog, but there are three of you I will still follow. So, you still get a cup of Carolyn!

Still here for you!

~Carolyn

Laura said...

Kinda corny, but reading your highlights brought tears to my eyes... just picturing that time you had with colin. It's just the definition of freedom and innocence. ugh. The time just goes by so fast. I'm so glad you're loving it there.