Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Completely Pointless. And Sexy.

I got sucked into Twitter for a good solid half hour earlier today, time which was already dedicated to putting away some portion of the laundry mountain threatening to take over the bed. As I'm sitting here now, I can see in the mirror the laundry mountain behind me. I'm ignoring it in the hopes that it will eventually all either a.) fall to the floor, where I will put it away piece by piece over the next week, or b.) all get worn in the next few days so I don't have to put any of it away.

Anyways, once I was sucked into Twitter, there was no escape. So many funny/silly/smart tweets to read! And the thing I love about it is that it's a quick and dirty form of communication. Not dirty/perverted, but in the sense that, since there is a limit to the number of characters you can use for each mini-message, you have no space for flowery, rambling speeches. It's like distilled thoughts, only the necessary keywords needed to make what you're trying to say coherent. Or not. It's entertaining to read celebrity tweets which are purposely vague or misleading, and wondering what they really mean. And it's even better because (most of them) actually do their own tweets, so it's like a quick connection to a star...and who doesn't love that? While people like Obama have staff members upkeep their Twitter accounts, others like Ingrid Michaelson, Tina Fey, and Dane Cook are on regularly, and often reply to fan's queries.

It was Dane Cook's page I was on earlier when I saw a link to something that made my heart stop suddenly, and then beat furiously, sending my pulse flying along with it. I wanted to share it with you, but beware: you may experience trouble breathing during and after watching this. I did.

DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE!









So...

How do you feel?


Yes, I know. It's a trailer for the new Terminator movie, starring Christian Bale. Probably not quite what were you expecting, huh? =)
Christian Bale is like lust personified. Seriously. His face, his eyes, his VOICE, his unbelievable acting skills, his ability to do any accent in the world. (He's Welsh in real life, by the way. You'd never guess it from his movies, all of which have a different accent. Just a little trivia for you. No, I'm not obsessed.)

And aside from the fact that he is really, really, really ridiculously good looking, and a great actor, he chooses the best movie roles. I mean, I've never been a huge fan of Batman...or even a little fan. But I watched Batman Begins, and went from completely apathetic about it to watching it every time it came on TV. And then Dark Knight came out...and I don't have to say more. A+, times a billion. Seeing him play the snobbish, haughty, gorgeous Bruce Wayne next to the haunted, humble, gorgeous Batman just makes him doubly hotter.


And Terminator, while I enjoy it as a sort of classic, something that brings back fond memories of younger days more than any sense of really liking the movie, and I'll watch it on TV maybe once every 3 years or so, has never been anywhere close to my idea of a great film. But you add Christian Bale to that (along with a slew of awesomely talented people in charge of location, CGI, screenwriting, directing, ect.) and I cannot wait to see it.

But the one I'm really excited about is Public Enemies, which comes out this year. Let me just say, whoever the casting director was deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. Okay, maybe not a Nobel Prize, but something really awesome, like a chance to make out with Christian Bale......sorry, totally sidetracked myself. In case you're too lazy to click the link, or just don't realize what you're missing out on by not doing it, I'll give you a hint:






Christian Bale,
(yum yum yum
yum yum yum
yum yum yum
yum yum yum
)











Johnny Depp,









Billy Crudup,
















Channing Tatum,





















Giovanni Ribisi,










David Wenham,






















Stephen Dorph,



















and

Rory Cochran

(from Empire Records!)


make up the male cast.



Um, can you say GORGEOUS?!?! I mean, how many good-looking guys can you squeeze into one movie?! And then, to cap it off, the female lead is played by





Marion Cotillard,


whom you may remember from her Oscar winning performance in La Vie En Rose, where she played the troubled and famous singer, Edith Piaf.








Also starring is Leelee Sobieski, whom I've always liked for her completely non-classical beauty, and her strangely piercing eyes, and her very quirky choice of movie roles.









and

Emilie de Rahvin,

who is best known for her character Claire Littleton on Lost, a show I've never seen before.











Also in it is Carey Mulligan,
who played Kitty Bennet in my all time favorite, Pride & Prejudice, and has a surprisingly large indie-credit list.










Needless to say, I'm excited to see this movie.

And now, some more completely gratuitous, and gorgeous, photos of Mr. Bale. And for all you out there who are going, "yeah, he's hot, but he's a jerk, didn't you hear him freak out on that guy not too long ago?", and the answer is yes, I did hear the entire thing. It only makes him hotter. ;) Trust me.

2 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

Yeah, I would do them all. :)

The best picture is of Channing. I can lick that tummy all the way down to....paradise! However, how funny to have the Christ picture in the background as a memory to repent after your done.

Jen said...

I was breathing for the most part until...aw, swooning. Can Channing get any hotter than he already is? Thank you thank you for the wonderful pics!