Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally a Friday Night!

Finally, after months of no life, I'm getting a weekend-ish reprieve. My mother in law is coming to town, and all she wants is for us to leave her alone with the kids.

Let me assure you, the hubs and I are more than willing to oblige her. She'll stay at our house, we'll stay at her hotel. Works for me!

The best part about it is, I can't wait to hang out with my new friends! These girls are so sweet, and downright awesome, I feel so lucky to have been basically set right down in the middle of them. Making friends is not something I do, generally. I get that that sounds strange, but it's true. I have tons of acquaintances, and few friends. Those I do count as friends are people I can go months without talking to, and when we finally see each other again, it's like only hours have passed.

So this Friday night I'm going to act my age, drink too much, and probably struggle at work on Saturday with a hangover and some embarrassing stories about what I did the night before.

I cannot wait. ;)

2 comments:

Laura said...

have fun! We missed you this weekend!

Susan said...

You deserve it! Enjoy your time with your friends! Wish you could have been at the beach! :)